Free Forms Marketing and Landlords 101 are both WordPress blogs that have been transformed into Windows 8 apps and Windows Phone Apps. Although the end results bring users back to the actual blog eventually there are some gestures that may not be familiar to you, particularly finding the app bar. The reason for this is that the blog was built to be seen as a web site not a RSS version. but it does look nice in this form if I must say so myself. but some pages just don’t make a lot of sense unless you’re actually looking at the site in a web browser so I built this page just to show you how to get there if you don’t already know.
- List Titles: On the home screen of the Windows 8 app, there are a list of clickable names above those list are titles of the list with a number after it. The number represents the actual number of buttons under that title. By Clicking on the title itself all of the buttons under the title become into view.
- When using a mouse and keyboard: Just right click the mouse and the app bar will appear at the bottom of the screen. Then click View Blog. This will open blog up in the right 75% of the screen. To close the browser, put your mouse curser at the top of the screen near the middle of the browser screen, then left click and hold the mouse button and swipe down to the bottom of the screen. Once at the bottom of the screen release the left mouse button and the browser will be closed.
- When using a touch screen device: Just swipe-up from the bottom of the screen and the app bar should appear at the bottom of the screen. Then tap View Blog. This will open blog up in the right 75% of the screen. To close the browser, put your finger at the top of the screen near the middle of the browser screen, then swipe down to the bottom of the screen. Once at the bottom of the screen remove your finger and the browser will be closed.
- Swiping down from the top of any open windows 8 app will close it.
- When using the web browser from the Windows 8 app the app tends to always open up pages in a new window as opposed to opening new pages in the same window. Please consider closing these web pages when you leave the app.
- You can also pin any of the Landlords 101 or Free Forms Marketing websites to your start screen from the IE Web Browser in Windows 8 and the WordPress blogs Will behave like apps once saved to your start screen.
Due to the nature of this site, I have limited commenting on post except for in special areas of the website. We use comments to post pictures throughout the site and cannot sustain huge volumes of photos. Also we use special plugins to accomplish this ‘photo commenting’ and the windows 8 app doesn’t support this plugin so to comment on any post you must enter the site from the windows 8 app in order to post comments. We allow comments in the following areas on the site:
- On the state pages of this home site. ( just click a state, right click or swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the app bar then click “open blog” and scroll to the bottom of the page to comment.) You don’t have to login to comment but we do require a name and email address to comment.
- On the state sites under FSBO Only. ( just click any text link in the body of the post and go to FSBO Only and scroll to the bottom of the page to comment.) You have to login or register to comment.
- If You plan to advertise with us there is a link to a special page for each state’s Free Forms Marketing page used for uploading advertisement materials only. You have to login or register to comment on these special pages to upload ads and ad descriptions.
- If you click the ‘Free Forms Marketing’ link users can comment on the ‘Order National Ads’ page. ( just click the link button, right click or swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the app bar then click “open blog” and scroll to the bottom of the page to comment.) You have to login or register to comment.
Ratings are the real life blood of all apps, to receive a bad rating almost always reverses any positive momentum that a app has received, If you have a problem with the functionality this app please leave a comment at the bottom of this page before you give the app a bad rating. I can usually resolve any issues within 24 – 48 hours if given the chance. Also you must comment from the actual page click here to comment from the app. Thank You